Thursday 5 January 2012

My first blog...

Encouraged to join the 'great cloud of witnesses' in their 'praise' ('telling') of the love of God for us, I have decided to try blogging.  It seems to me that God unites those in his family into a 'body', and that body surely works best when each part communicates clearly to each other ... so I'm going to enjoy reading what others have to say, post the odd thought of my own, and see what feedback I get from other parts of the body (or others who are genuinely seeking the truth).

I am also interested in education, particularly in telling our children about this beloved creation in which we live, taken from Jesus' side and waiting for a return to full union at The Wedding.  So I would like to try to put thoughts 'out there' for others to judge against scripture and add to, edit, or refute, with a view to, one day, gathering collected wisdom on how to "put Christ back into the curriculum" on a discussion forum website with sections broken down into different areas of interest, such as subject matter, philosophy of education, discipline, school size and structure, etc. - this blog will be a mixture of material that might eventually find its way onto that site, and other musings that will just remain as musings.


I chose this particular blog title as I think it stresses the freedom of the gospel covenant: we offer no ‘works’ in which we might boast (one doesn’t boast in surrender!) - we just trust him enough to ask him to reveal to us the truth ...

... then we just trust him enough to seek who he really is, to see if he really is trustworthy with all that he claims to be trustworthy with (i.e. my life and eternal destiny!) ... 

... then we just trust him enough to knock at the door to his home, because we have found him to be so trustworthy that we concede that it is safer inside his house than outside ... 

... and, then, as the doors to his home are flung wide to welcome us in, we trust him enough go in to his home to be with him forever.

“Don’t let your hearts be troubled.  Trust in God, and trust also in me.  There are many rooms in my Father’s house.  If this were not so, I would have told you. I am going to prepare a place for you.  When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am." (John 14:1-3)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Forgive me if I don't reply to every one - it doesn't mean they weren't read and valued.